“The lamps are different, but the light is the same. “ –Rumi
Stop Using Plastic: 21 Ways to Quit
December 31, 2014
Posted by on
“We can adopt these 21 ways to stop using plastics
- Take cloth bags with you when you go shopping. Why not make your own?
- Use a stainless steel drinks container to hold your beverages.
- Buy only the fruit and vegetables not packaged in plastic and lobby stores that refuse to sell loose organics.
- Use biodegradable bin bags for your rubbish.
- Use a stainless steel lunch box and place it in your cloth bag.
- Make your own loaves of bread.
- Only buy bread from bakeries that wrap in paper; help change the minds of the ones that don’t.
- Food leftovers can be stored in ceramic or glass containers.
- Don’t use air fresheners – use essential oils, candles or incense instead.
- Purchase food in glass containers; avoid food packaged in plastics.
- Buy milk in paper cartons.
- Buy bars of soap, not the liquid stuff, unless in a glass jar.
- Line small household bins with paper bags.
- Use a wooden cutting board.
- Use stainless steel sippy cups for children.
- Use rechargeable batteries.
- When ordering a drink, don’t accept the straw.
- Make your own yogurt in Kilner jars. It’s easier than you think!
- Use junkmail to line fragile gifts to post, rather than plastic bubble wrap.
- Urge your local stores to stop their dependency on plastic packaging and that of their suppliers.
- Share this article with all your friends and urge them to follow your lead in saying ‘no’ to plastics!”