So what can an American do, besides move to Scotland where GMOs are labeled?
– Call on Congress to enact the mandatory labeling of genetically engineered foods at http://www.justlabelit.org
– Call on the FDA to conduct mandatory, pre-market safety testing of these products before they are put onto our grocery store shelves.
– Protect our farmers. According to the World Health Organization, glyphosate has been detected in the blood and urine of agricultural workers, indicating absorption. Call on the EPA to address this issue for our farm families. Contact the Director of the Pesticide Review Board at the EPA at 703-308-8181.
– Opt out of these genetically engineered foods when you can by looking for foods that are USDA Organic certified or carry the Non GMO Project verification seal.
– Leverage 21st century technology to design a smarter food system and smarter pesticides that are safe and affordable for all families. By Robyn O’Brien
Source: Robyn OBrien